My recovery after the delivery seemed really quite quick. I was up and walking around quite soon after having Landyn and the pain was quite bearable. I thought everything was going to be great from then on but it wasn't. Wayne spent the evening with Jordyn, taking her to dinner and playing with her until bedtime. As soon as he left the hospital after bringing her to visit I began to have profuse bleeding and passed quite a few blood clots. I was quickly surrounded by three nurses and a doctor and filled with medicine, 5 doses of 3 different things! The scariest part was not having Wayne for any of it. I did cry quite a bit in those 3 hours I was bleeding and he was gone but God gave me great nurses who stayed past their shifts just to sit with me. I wasn't allowed to be alone with Landyn or feed her because I was busy being attended to and really shaky from the medicine. I also wasn't allowed to be alone in the room and so the nurses took turns sitting with me until Wayne returned. I was told it's just a common thing for red heads to have a lot of excessive bleeding and blood clots. I guess I can thank mom for that!
Everything is great now and the next two days were wonderful and filled with visitors. I was back to my quick recovery despite the rough first day. The one thing I remember thinking through that whole ordeal and even now is that I was just so thankful I was the one going through it and that Landyn was as healthy as anything. She is worth all the pain and trauma and I hope I can remember that in the bustle and stress of the days to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment