I can't believe it's here but Jordyn is 1 year old! It seems so hard to imagine that we've only known her one year...it seems I've been her mom forever. She has grown up tremendously and is nothing like the person she was a year ago. Wayne and I look back at the pictures and just laugh saying "that doesn't even look like her, can you remember when she was that little?" Time flies by so fast. Oddly enough, as her b-day was approaching I wasn't quite as excited as I thought I would be. Wayne will testify to the fact that I had a few meltdowns (maybe due to the pregnancy, maybe not). I know those of you with children my age will just laugh at me and say "just wait", but she has grown up way to fast! I know she's only 1 but already I want to turn back the clock and have her be my little cuddle-bug again, to sleep in bed with us at night and be a lot less independent. While I know this is such a small step compared to what's coming I am not ready for her to grow up...I wan't her to be my baby forever. Already she is our big girl. We tell her that mommy has a baby and it isn't her, she's the big sister now. But despite the thoughts of sadness and longing to what things were I am so looking forward to what is to come this next year. She is changing every day and I can't even begin to imagine what she will be like on her second birthday, or how crazy I will be going by then. I'm the mommy of a 1 year old....how crazy.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment