December 1, 2007
Dear Friends and Family,
We hope this letter finds you all well and thriving, and enjoying your holidays. We thought it would be nice to send a family newsletter this year and let our friends and family know what’s been going on in our world.
All throughout this last year we have learned so much … how to rely on each other, how to survive on a budget, what a blessing children are, how to make it through the day with just a few hours of sleep, how to juggle school and home life, when to take time for ourselves, how to make new friends, how to have truly thankful hearts and most importantly how to rely on God.
A New Life
One of the things that have truly made our lives exciting this past year was the birth of our daughter, Jordyn Arianna on August 17. She is so beautiful and is definitely our pride and joy. She is growing by the day and learning new things all the time. The other day, Wayne and I were looking at the pictures of Jordyn during her first week of life and all we could do was marvel at how tiny she was and how different she has already become.
The first two months were rough, filled with little sleep, tons of crying and a lot of wondering, “what should we do?” This last month and a half though has been so wonderful. Jordyn has become such a happy girl, full of smiles and squeals. She has become obsessed with eating her hands and anything else that comes close to her mouth. She is getting so close to rolling over and cannot be still even for a minute.
Sadly, we have to admit that she is already a T.V. lover. I tend to have the T.V. on while I’m feeding her and she has now gotten to the point that if I’m giving her a bottle and my hand gets in the way she pushes her head around until she can see the T.V. On the upside, not only does she love to watch T.V. but also she loves to watch Wayne and I as we walk around the room. Her eyes will follow us as far as they can. She is such a wonderful miracle and we are looking forward to the months ahead!
The Juggling Mom
Jordyn has made my life quite full and busy. There are days when I feel like I am trying to do a million things at once and then at the end of the day I look around and can’t name one thing I actually finished.
I started back at school just two weeks after Jordyn was born and it has been hard and fun. I go to class every day for about an hour and a half. There are days when I miss because Jordyn is sick or she decides to make a big mess a minute before we’re supposed to be out the door but my professors are very forgiving. I do enjoy being back though and I know my brothers and sister enjoy watching her while I’m at class.
Also, I have been working nights as a math tutor, pretty shocking huh!?! I tutor Algebra 1 and 2 online. I usually work about two hours a night and Wayne then has the responsibility of watching Jordyn and helping me with the questions I don’t know the answers to. Even though I work from home I’m not usually much help to Wayne.
School Again!
Wayne is also returning back to school in January. He is working towards his Masters in Apologetics and is very excited to begin. That will be a struggle to figure out how to get his homework done and mine every night but we are excited about it!
Wayne is also still working at Liberty as a data analyst. He loves it, most of the time, and has made some good friends there. He still has computer parties like he did at home with his work friends and enjoys every minute of them.
I think that’s about it in the lives of the Yates’. Our life feels like a whirlwind and though most days when we finally climb into bed we are exhausted we are so thankful for the blessing God has given us in Jordyn and everything that we are getting to experience here in Virginia. We hope you too have had a great year just like us, and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
With lots of love until next year,
Wayne, Alicia & Jordyn Yates
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Our Christmas Letter
For those of you who didn't recieve our Christmas letter I have posted it below for you to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment